DAY TRIP :::
Just 1.5 hrs. from Havana are two areas of exceptional natural beauty. Las Terrazas biopshere reserve and the botanical gardens of Soroa.
Las Terrazas Complex
In the 19th century the area was developed by French coffee farmers and Haitian settlers who in time completely denuded the land. Beginning in1968 the land was re-forested with 6 million trees and is now an rural model for sustainable development.
Special features of the complex include:
Soroa Botanical Gardens
- The Las Terrazas community village w/Hotel Moka, artist galleries, Polo Montañez house
- Baños de San Juan - river cascades and swimming holes
- Cefetal Buenavista - coffee plantation ruin
- Lunch at Casa de Camesino restaurant - creole cuisine at its finest
- 1750 yard zip-ine forest canopy tour (optional activity wth extra fee
In 1943, a wealthy Spanish lawyer developed his mountainous property into a lavish botanical garden including many species of orchids from all over the world. Today the gardens and estate are a biological research center and open to the public.
Tour type: car & walking
Your guide: Boogalu host-guide
Duration: all day
Includes: entry fees, lunch (drinks extra)
Booking: see the options below